This is one of the staples in my household- a simple, shallow fried, pomfret- Mangalorian style, if coated with semolina/ Malvani style, if coated with rice flour.
Well nothing much to write about it, except it is simply delicious and can be enjoyed anytime with any meal......and yes it makes up for the guilty feeling of not providing a full on meal to my folks.
- Pomfret/Paplet 1 (cleaned, gutted and cut as desired)
- Spice mix-
- Red chilly powder 1 tbspn
- Tumeric/Haldi 1/2 tbpsn
- Cumin/Jeera powder 1 tbspn
- Chickpea flour/Besan 1/2 tspn
- Ginger & Garlic paste 1 tbspn
- Lemon juice 1 tspn
- Salt per taste
- Semolina or Rice flour to coat
- Olive oil as required to shallow fry
- Clean the fish, rub half salt and keep aside for 15 mins.
- Make a paste of the spice mix and slowly massage the fish with it.
- Take a shallow pan, with olive oil.
- When hot, coat the fish either with semolina or rice flour. Shake gently to remove excess coating and shallow fry both sides for 1 min each.
- Finish cooking in the oven for another 3-5 mins or until done.
- Serve straight away with a wedge of lemon.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 2g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 0||0%|
|Total Fat 0.01g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0.0g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 0.43g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.0g||0%|