Cost per serving $1.54 view details
- For Pomegranate Syrup
- 2 cups pomegranate juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- squeeze of lemon
- Pomegranate syrup (above) about 3/4 cup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar (light or dark)
- 2.5 cups Old Fashioned Oatmeal
- 1/2 cup dried cherries, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup unsalted walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup unsalted pecans, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup unsalted almonds, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup unsalted sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup pine nuts (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 300F
- Add pomegranate juice, lemon juice, and white granulated sugar in small saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat and stir until sugar's dissolved. Decrease temperature, then simmer over medium to medium low heat until reduced by a little over than half. This should take about 45 minutes together. EYE IT. Allow to cool, juice will have a syrupy texture. Once cooled, stir in brown sugar well.
- Now, add nuts, oatmeal, and salt to a large bowl.
- Pour syrup mixture over nuts and oats then stir in well.
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray, and spread mixture evenly on sheet. Bake 35 to 40 minutes stirring every 10 minutes. Doesn't smell divine?
- Allow to cool 30 minutes on cooling rack, then have your way with it!
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 107g|
|Recipe makes 10 servings|
|Calories from Fat 88||34%|
|Total Fat 10.46g||13%|
|Saturated Fat 1.15g||5%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 38.2g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.7g||12%|