This cocktail always goes down more smoothly with fresh ingredients. You can make the simple sugar in bigger batches and have it ready to go for a party. Be ready to adjust amount to taste since some prefer a less sweet cocktail. Experiment with different juices until you find one you love.
- 2 tablespoons natural cane sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2-3 ounces top-shelf vodka
- 2-6 ounces of freshly squeezed or organic pomegranate juice
- half of a lime
- 2 slices of lemon
- martini shaker and glass
- Make simple syrup: pre-warm pan over high heat on your stove and add sugar and water. Dissolve sugar and set aside to cool.
- Coat the martini glass in sugar: run a lemon slice around the rim of glass. Turn the glass over and rotate in sugar.
- Combine Vodka and Pomegranate Juice: Fill shaker almost to top with ice, add vodka and pom juice. (Typically two parts pom juice to one part vodka.) Adjust to taste.
- Add Lime Juice and Simple Syrup: Squeeze the juice from lime into shaker and add simple syrup.
- Shake for 30 seconds and pour.
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 259g|
|Calories from Fat 2||1%|
|Total Fat 0.26g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0.04g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 40.47g||11%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.2g||7%|