Cost per serving $1.45 view details
- 8 x - 10 pcs of chicken - with or possibly without the bone
- Â Â Spanish-style seasoned salt
- 2 med onions, chopped
- 6 x garlic cloves, chopped
- 6 x to 8 all-purpose potatoes, cut up
- 1 x 4-ounce. can minced green chiles
- 4 x 16-ounce. cans white kidney beans (cannellini),
- Â Â undrained
- 2 x - 3 TBS chili pwdr
- 4 x 16-ounce. cans seasoned diced tomatoes, any flavor
- 1 c. water
- Sprinkle chicken generously with seasoned salt. In a large Dutch oven, brown chicken on both sides in a little oil or possibly bacon grease.
- After browning, remove skin if you like. In the same pan, start layering - chicken, onion, garlic, potatoes, chiles, beans, chili pwdr and top off with the tomatoes and water. Cover tightly and bake at 300 degrees for 2 to 3 hrs. Chicken should be falling off the bones. I serve this over rice to soak up all the juices.
- Serves4 to 6.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 545g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 27||2%|
|Total Fat 3.23g||4%|
|Saturated Fat 0.48g||2%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 229.45g||61%|
|Dietary Fiber 93.3g||311%|