Cost per serving $0.79 view details
- 1 (8 ounce.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 2 tbsp. chili sauce
- 2 tbsp. lowfat sour cream
- 1 tbsp. Lawry's seasoned pepper
- 3 c. water
- 1 teaspoon Lawry's seasoned salt
- 3/4 c. instant polenta, uncooked
- 1/4 c. minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 c. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 c. vegetable oil
- For creamy salsa spread, in small bowl blend together cream cheese, chili sauce, lowfat sour cream, green chiles and seasoned pepper, chill.
- In medium saucepan, bring water and seasoned salt to a boil. Add in polenta in a slow stream, stirring constantly. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 20 min, or possibly till mix pulls away from sides of pan. Stir in cilantro. Pour mix into lightly greased 8x4x3 inch loaf pan. Let cold at least 30 min to set. Remove from pan.
- Cut loaf into very thin slices and sprinkle both sides with Parmesan cheese. Broil 3 inches from heat 5 min or possibly till slightly golden.
- In large skillet, heat oil and fry slices, turning once, till brown and crisp. Place on paper towels to drain. Serve with creamy salsa spread.
- HINT: To prepare in advance, prepare recipe up to loaf stage, then chill up to 2 weeks till ready to cook.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 157g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 222||76%|
|Total Fat 25.14g||31%|
|Saturated Fat 7.41g||30%|
|Trans Fat 0.35g|
|Total Carbs 13.73g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.8g||3%|