Cost per recipe $0.93 view details
- Core pears from the bottom. Pare them without removing stems. Brush well with the lemon juice to prevent discoloration.
- Bring water to boiling in large skillet. Place pears in skillet. Lower the heat and simmer, turning and basting pears occasionally, till hard-tender, 8 to 10 min. Transfer the pears and liquid to a deep bowl; make sure pears are completely submerged. Chill till well chilled.
- Prepare Caramel Sauce: Heat the cream in a small saucepan just till bubbles form around the edge; don't let boil. Heat the sugar in a large, heavy skillet over medium-high heat, stirring constantly. When sugar begins to heat, reduce heat to low and continue to stir constantly, till the sugar is dissolved and the mix is light brown.
- Slowly add in the hot cream, stirring constantly till sauce is smooth. (If some of the sugar crystallizes, cook, stirring constantly, till the crystals dissolves.) Remove from the heat. Stir in the vanilla.
- To serve, drain the pears thoroughly. Place on individual serving plates. Spoon the warm sauce over the pears. Garnish with the almonds.
- NOTE: For advance preparation, make the caramel sauce ahead. Reheat very slowly over low heat, stirring constantly till warm.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1257g|
|Calories from Fat 2||2%|
|Total Fat 0.19g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0.02g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 27.4g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber 5.1g||17%|