When looking for a new idea, it is sometimes more practical to look at what is avalaible all year round like eggs, tomatoes, onions, avocado and so on!
Here is a simpel idea you can improvise on for great impression with simple ingredients!
Poached Egg, Smoked Salmon & Avocado salad!
- Eggs: 4
- Avocado: 2
- Smoked Salmon: 200 g
- French dressing: as appropriate
- Onion: 1
- Myoga ginger: 2
- Fresh dill: 4 sprigs
- Salt: as appropriate
- Pepper: as appropriate
- White wine vinegar: as appropriate
- Sauce A):
- Mayonnaise: 60 g (make your own if possible)
- Ketchup: 15 g (try and make your own to impress your guests!)
- Milk: 1 tablespoon
- Brandy: 1/2 teaspoon
- Tabasco: as appropriate
- -In a pan pour water and add white wine vinegar and salt. Heat till just before boiling point. Break egg (one at a time will mean better results!) over the surface and poach. Help white to fold around the yolk. Once the yolk has started solidifying scoop the egg out delicately and transfer into a bowl of chilled clean water. Once the poached eggs have completely cooled down, delicately take them out and take as much humidity off as possible by placing them on top of a clean piece of kitchen paper.
- -Peel the avocadoes. Cut them in half and discard the seed. Cut them in thin half moon slices and season them with French dressing.
- -Slice the onion into very thin circles. Dropthem in cold water for a while, take them out and drain them thoroughly of all water. Do the same with the myoga ginger after having sliced it thin lengthwise.
- -Sauce A):
- Mix all ingredients and rectify with salt and pepper if deemed necessary.
- -Like in the picture above, onto four individual plates mount the ingredients in the following order: Smoked salmon, sliced onion, sliced avocado, poached egg, sliced myoga ginger and dill. Pour an appropriate amount of sauce A) over the egg.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 136g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 129||61%|
|Total Fat 14.33g||18%|
|Saturated Fat 2.85g||11%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 8.34g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.8g||9%|