Cost per serving $0.50 view details
- 4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 2 teaspoons yeast, rehydrated in 1/4 cup warm water (let set for 5 minutes)
- Pizza Sauce:
- 1 14 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 6oz can tomato paste
- 2 tbs fresh basil chopped
- 1 1/2 tbs olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp chopped garlic
- salt to taste
- Favorite Pizza Toppings:
- -pizza sauce, prosciutto, arugula, mozzarella
- -carmelized onion, blue cheese, thyme
- -garlic, olive oil, fresh chopped oregano, prosciutto
- -parmesan and fresh chopped rosemary
- Directions by hand... Knead all ingredients together until smooth..... about 7 or 8 minutes... Add flour as you knead if needed.
- Directions for Electric Mixerâ¦Put all ingredients into Kitchenaide at speed 2 for 2 minutes and then knead for 2 minutes. Use tap water instead of warm water.
- Place in a large, lightly oiled container, covered with lid or plastic wrap. Sit in warm place and let rise until doubled in size... about 1 to 2 hours.
- Turn dough out onto floured surface. Divide into 4 balls. Place each into oiled tray... cover with plastic wrap and let rest for 30 minutes.
- Make pizza sauce. Combine all ingrediants and simmer for 20 minutes. When finished put into food processor until smooth.
- Make each ball of dough into a thin crust 10 inch pizza.
- Add your favorite toppings. Don't put to much sauce or cheese on these pizzas.
- Cook in as hot of oven as possible on a pizza stone.
- We heat our oven to 550 and then cook between 5 and 10 minutes each...
- Even better, buy a pizza stone insert for your gas barbeque. These cook almost like having a wood fired oven.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 157g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 29||10%|
|Total Fat 3.34g||4%|
|Saturated Fat 0.49g||2%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 54.01g||14%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.1g||10%|