Cost per serving $1.10 view details
- For the Dough:
- 1 and 1/2 cups unbleached all purpose flour
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1/2 cup warm water (105Â°F to 115Â°F)
- 1 teaspoon dry yeast
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- For the Toppings:
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- One 12-ounce red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 large red bell pepper
- For the Pizza:
- All purpose flour
- 1 cups (packed) coarsely grated whole-milk mozzarella cheese
- 3 tablespoons coarsely grated Parmigiano cheese
- 4 thin slices prosciutto, sliced crosswise into thin strips
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- Balsamic vinegar
- Prepare the Dough:
- Mix flour and salt in large bowl.
- Place 1/2 cup warm water in small bowl.
- Sprinkle yeast over water and stir to blend.
- Let stand until dissolved, about 10 minutes.
- Pour yeast mixture into bowl with flour.
- Add olive oil and honey.
- Using flexible spatula, stir until coarse dough forms.
- Knead dough in bowl with 1 hand until smooth and elastic, about 6 minutes.
- Cover bowl; let dough stand 30 minutes.
- Refrigerate dough in bowl, still covered, at least 2 hours (dough will rise very little).
- Prepare the Toppings:
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in heavy medium skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and saute until golden, about 12 minutes.
- Add vinegar and Worcestershire sauce.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer until liquid cooks away and onion is very tender, about 4 minutes; season onion with salt and pepper.
- Heat remaining 1/2 cup olive oil in heavy small skillet over medium-low heat.
- Add garlic and saute just until garlic begins to brown, about 4 minutes.
- Using slotted spoon, transfer garlic to custard cup.
- Pour olive oil into separate small bowl.
- Char bell pepper over gas flame or in broiler until blackened on all sides.
- Enclose in paper bag; let stand 10 minutes.
- Peel, seed, and slice thinly.
- Prepare the Pizza:
- Place chilled dough ball on work surface.
- Cover with plastic wrap; let stand at room temperature until malleable, about 1 hour.
- Position rack in bottom third of oven.
- Place heavy large baking sheet on rack (invert sheet if rimmed).
- Preheat oven to 500Â°F at least 30 minutes.
- Roll out dough on lightly floured surface to 12-inch round, allowing dough to rest a few minutes if it springs back.
- Sprinkle flour on pizza paddle or another rimless baking sheet.
- Slide under dough.
- Brush 1 tablespoon reserved garlic oil over dough, leaving 1/2-inch plain border.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella, then reserved garlic and balsamic onion.
- Top with pepper strips in spoke pattern.
- Sprinkle with Parmigiano cheese.
- Slide knife under dough to loosen from paddle, if sticking.
- Position paddle at far edge of hot baking sheet in oven.
- Tilt paddle and pull back slowly, allowing pizza to slide onto sheet.
- Bake 6 minutes.
- Rotate pizza half a turn.
- Bake until crust is deep brown, about 6 minutes longer.
- Arrange prosciutto atop pizza.
- Bake until prosciutto softens, about 30 seconds.
- Using paddle, transfer pizza to board.
- Sprinkle with thyme.
- Cut into 8 wedges. Serve, passing more vinegar and garlic oil separately.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 174g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 181||74%|
|Total Fat 20.47g||26%|
|Saturated Fat 2.82g||11%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 14.98g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.7g||6%|