Classic provincial French bread - Fougasse - with traditional toppings.
Prep time: 75 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Cost per serving $2.97 view details
- 12 oz. Bread Flour
- 1 packet Rapid Rise Yeast
- 8 oz. Chantrelle mushrooms, sliced
- 8 oz. Ile de France Brie, sliced with rind in place
- 2-3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Butter, unsalted
- A pinch of salt
- 1-2 tablespoons Herbs de Provence
- Dissolve yeast in a few spoonfuls of warm water; add 3 Tbsp flour and a pinch of sugar; mix well to form a soft smooth starter. Form starter into a ball, cover with cloth and rise in a warm draft-free place for 30 minutes.
- Put the rest of the flour on a work surface and form a well in the center. Add the yeast starter, salt, oil and enough water to make a workable dough. Form into a ball, place in a bowl, cover and let rise for 30 minutes.
- Roll the dough into a rectangle to fit a lubed baking sheet. Slash the bread in the traditional herringbone or âleaf veinâ pattern. Sprinkle surface with Herbs de Provence. Add cheese and mushroom slices. Bake in a preheated 450-500Â°F oven 15-20 minutes until GB&D. Rest 10 minutes before serving.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 159g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 139||30%|
|Total Fat 15.89g||20%|
|Saturated Fat 5.04g||20%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 66.71g||18%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.4g||15%|