I used whole wheat Pita & Lavash flat bread. Seperate Pita then cut into triangles. Cut Lavash into rectangles. Spray with cooking spray then sprinkle on spices.
These are quick and easy to make. They go well with Hummus as a snack or appetizer. Serve them along side Middle Eastern dishes to add some crunch to the meal. I used whole wheat from Trader Joe's but if you are able to make your own that would be even better. Using cooking spray to bind spices to the chips makes them low in saturated fat as well.
- 1 Pita bread, seperated and cut into triangles.
- 1 Lavash flat bread, cut into small rectangles.
- 1 tsp Sumac
- 1 tsp Zatar
- 1 ts Aleppo pepper
- Non stick cooking spray
- Pre heat oven to 350^.
- Spray Pita halfs and Lavash with non stick cooking spray.
- Sprinkle with spices.
- Cut into recantgles and triangles and place on sheet pan lined with Silpat or Parchment.
- Bake at 350^ for 10 minutes or until crisp.
- Remove and cool to room temperature.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 14g|
|Recipe makes 2 servings|
|Calories from Fat 2||5%|
|Total Fat 0.17g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0.02g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 7.8g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.3g||1%|