PistaCerelacVada - http://h4hemh4help.blogspot.com/2011/11/pistacerelacvada.html
Vada is South Indian Snack or breakfast. It can be had with idli or dosa.
Vada is mainly made up of dhal but I tried a different version.
I had brought cerelac to my second son, Aadya who is seven months old, did not like the flavor plain wheat. I had pista at home, which my first son Aditya did not like to eat. Hence these two were the main ingredient for me to make this vada.
- Cerelac â 200 gms
- Coriander Leaves â Â¼ bunch
- Salt to taste
- Oil for deep frying
- Green Chillies - 4
- Pista â few
- Chilli Powder â 1 tbsp
- Baking Soda â 1 tsp
- 1. Grind pista and green chillies into a paste
- 2. Take cerelac, put chopped coriander leaves, salt, pista and green chillies paste, baking soda, chilli powder, mix well.
- 3. Heat little oil and pour into this mixture.
- 4. Pour water make the mixture as a dough.
- 5. Heat the oil in a kadai.
- 6. Make small vadas from the dough and leave them till they become crispy.
- 7. Serve them with tomato ketchup or with chutney.
- I gave this to my mom-in-law, Aditya and my maid-servant. They all told it was good in taste before they knew what all went inside the vada. Pat on my back.
- This post is being sent to Kids Delight of Pavani which was started by Valli.
- Thanks to Events-n-Roundup which gives information about many events like this.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 1g|
|Recipe makes 20 servings|
|Calories from Fat 0||0%|
|Total Fat 0.0g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0.0g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 0.16g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.0g||0%|