- 1 cup small shrimps, cleaned
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 1/2 cups mung bean sprouts (togue)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 2 cups cooking oil
- Combine cornstarch, flour, baking powder, egg, water, salt, and ground black pepper then stir until diluted.
- Add the shrimps and mung bean sprouts in the mixture and lightly stir to distribute.
- Heat a frying pan or small cooking pot and pour-in the cooking oil.
- When the oil is hot enough, scoop about 2 to 3 tablespoons of the mixture and quickly (but cautiously) drop it in hot oil.
- Cook each side for 2 to 3 minutes or until the color turns golden brown. Please note that cooking time may vary. Repeat this step until the entire mixture is consumed.
- Remove the deep-fried ukoy from the pan and place in a plate lined with paper towel to absorb the oil.
- Remove the paper towel and serve with sinamak.