- 1 lb. chicken, cut into small pieces
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3-4 tablespoons of butter (vegetable oil can also be used as substitute)
- 1 can crushed pineapple (chunks can also be used)
- 1/2" slice fresh ginger, minced or grated
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup soy sauce (or according to taste)
- Wash chicken. Place in a bowl.
- Combine crushed pineapple, ginger and soy sauce. Allow to marinate for 1 hour.
- In a pan melt the butter (or oil) and sauté garlic and onion.
- Add chicken pieces and cover.
- When chicken is half cooked, add the marinade and bring to a boil over low heat.
- When chicken is tender and almost cooked, stir in the milk.