Cost per recipe $3.87 view details
- Â Â eight (3- by 2- by 1/2-inch) pcs of lb. cake , about
- 1Â 1/2 c. minced fresh pineapple
- 3/4 c. sugar
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 3 lrg egg yolks
- 1 lrg whol egg
- 1Â 1/2 c. lowfat milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1Â 1/2 c. well-chilled heavy cream
- 2/3 c. well-chilled heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 Tbsp. lowfat sour cream
- 1 c. sweetened flaked coconut toasted lightly and cooled
- 1/4 c. sweetened flaked coconut toasted lightly and cooled
- In the bottom of an 8 1/2-inch springform pan arrange the cake, cutting the pcs to fit in one layer, and freeze it while making the ice cream.
- Make the ice cream:In a heavy saucepan combine pineapple and 1/4 c. of the sugar and simmer the mix, stirring till the sugar is dissolved, for 5 min. Drain the pineapple mix in a fine sieve set over a bowl, reserving the syrup
- for another use. In a bowl whisk together the remaining 1/2 c. sugar, the cornstarch, a healthy pinch of salt, the yolks, and the whole egg and add in the lowfat milk, scalded, in a stream, whisking. In a heavy saucepan bring the custard to a boil over moderate heat, whisking, boil it, whisking, for 2 min, and strain it through a fine sieve into a metal bowl set in a larger bowl of ice and cool water. Stir in the pineapple mix and vanilla, let the custard cold, stirring, and stir in the cream. Freeze the custard in an ice-cream freezer according to the manufacturer's instructions till it is frzn but still soft.
- Spoon the ice cream over the cake, spreading it proportionately, and freeze the cake while making the topping.
- Make the topping:In a bowl beat the cream till it holds soft peaks and beat in the sugar and lowfat sour cream. Beat the mix till it just holds stiff peaks and fold
- in the coconut gently but thoroughly.
- Spoon the topping over the ice cream, spreading it proportionately, and freeze the cake, its surface covered with plastic wrap, overnight. Let the cake stand at room temperature for 10 min, remove the side of the pan, and transfer the cake to a serving plate. Sprinkle the coconut on top and serve the cake into wedges.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 806g|
|Calories from Fat 342||26%|
|Total Fat 39.39g||49%|
|Saturated Fat 25.4g||102%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 228.26g||61%|
|Dietary Fiber 6.5g||22%|