Cost per recipe $0.25 view details
- 2 tubes Pillsbury (or similar) breadsticks
- 1 pkg lil smokies sausages
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp course sea salt
- Pre-heat oven according to breadstick package directions (may vary by brand).
- Roll out breadstick dough and cut into thin strips about 1/8 inch wide and 1 inch long with a pizza cutter.
- Lay two strips of dough across one another to form an 'x.' Lay two more strips so it forms a star (*).
- Lay a sausage on the dough.
- Lift the first end up and wrap diagonally over sausage.
- Do the same with each end all the way around, tucking excess ends under the already placed pieces as you go so it ends up with a 'braided' appearance.
- Bake according to breadstick package directions (again, may vary by brand)
- Melt butter
- Lightly dip each baked "pig in a basket" in butter (or brush with a basting brush) and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Serve with mustard, honey, or your favorite dipping sauce (cheese dip or spread is excellent with these).
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 28g|
|Calories from Fat 202||99%|
|Total Fat 23.04g||29%|
|Saturated Fat 14.59g||58%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 0.02g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.0g||0%|