Cost per serving $3.39 view details
- 2 lb beef cut into cubes and seasoning with fresh green seasoning
- and all purpose powered seasoning
- 2 tbs of brown sugar
- 2 tbs of ketchup
- 1 tbs vegetable oil
- 1 cup brown medium to long grain rice
- 1/2 cup pumpkin cut into cubes.
- 1/2 cup of carrots cut into cubes
- 1/2 cut of okra cut in slices( optional)
- 1/2 cup of bell peppers
- 1 can of process pigeon peas drained
- 1 cup of coconut milk prepared according to package
- 2tbs fresh green seasoning
- 2tbs salted cooking margarine
- 4 cups of water or enough to cover the rice
- salt to taste
- Whole capsicum pepper optional
- Add ketchup to the meat and mix
- In a large skillet or medium ( 4 quart iron pot) Heat oil
- place sugar in oil , let sugar caramelize stirring occasionally until dark brown be careful or sugar will burn.
- Add meat and stir , make sure all the meat is browned by the sugar.
- Lower heat and cover for 2-4 minutes
- wash the rice and drain off extra liquid, and add the rice to the pot.(Do not add any extra water)
- Stir and cover of 1 minute. then stir again, when all the liquid has been evaporated , the rice should be a caramel brown.
- Add pumpkin, carrots ,okra,bell peppers and peas, stir,and add the coconut milk fresh green seasoning, salted margarine, water enough to cover rice , salt to taste and whole pepper and cover.
- Raise heat and bring to boil, then lower heat and let cook until all the water has been evaporated, stirring occasionally.20-25 minutes .
- When all the water has been evaporated remove from heat and remove pepper.
- Makes a Delicious meal, serve warm with favorite salad.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 662g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 520||49%|
|Total Fat 58.84g||74%|
|Saturated Fat 26.78g||107%|
|Trans Fat 1.15g|
|Total Carbs 73.63g||20%|
|Dietary Fiber 15.2g||51%|