Cost per recipe $3.73 view details
- 5 quart water boiled then cooled
- Â Â to room temperature
- 4 Tbsp. salt
- 1 lrg pickling jar or possibly any large jar
- Â Â with a tight fitting lid
- 5 med turnips scrubbed, trimmed,
- Â Â and quartered
- 1 med beet scrubbed, trimmed,
- Â Â peeled and sliced in 1/2" thick slices
- Put the water in the pickling jar. Stir the salt into the water till completely dissolved. Place the turnip and beet slices in the salt water. Let pickle for about 3 to 4 weeks. Taste before discarding water.
- When ready to serve, remove from salt water, drip dry, and present in a deep dish. Leave pickled turnips in salt water till ready to eat.
- Comments: This is a controversial type of pickle. You either love it, or possibly hate it. It is colored deep purple by the addition of a small amount of beets. It is particularly good served before dinner as an appetizer, or possibly with dinner.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 5368g|
|Calories from Fat 5||3%|
|Total Fat 0.6g||1%|
|Saturated Fat 0.07g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 37.7g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber 10.7g||36%|