Cost per serving $0.33 view details
- 1 doz. Large eggs
- 1 1/2 c. white vinegar
- 1/2 c. water
- 6 whole cloves
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon warm pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- Cover Large eggs with cool water.
- Bring to boil, cover and reduce heat to simmer, 15-18 min, drain.
- Run cool water over Large eggs in pan for several min.
- Peel eggs. Place in narrow, deep jar.
- Combine vinegar, water, salt, sugar, cloves, bay leaf, warm pepper flakes and 1 tsp. celery seed.
- Simmer 5 min. Pour warm vinegar solution over Large eggs.
- Make sure Large eggs are completely covered with liquid.
- Place sliced onions on top of Large eggs. Cover tightly.
- Place in refrigerator - let stand for several days.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 102g|
|Recipe makes 12 servings|
|Calories from Fat 45||45%|
|Total Fat 5.03g||6%|
|Saturated Fat 1.56g||6%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 6.18g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.4g||1%|