Cost per serving $14.42 view details
- 2 c. Cooked chicken, large diced
- 1/4 c. Thinly sliced celery
- 2 Tbsp. Grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 c. Mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. Pesto sauce
- 1 bn Watercress
- 6 x Cherry tomatoes Or possibly 1 large tomato, cut into wedges
- Â Â Baguette, optional
- Â Â Amaretto Lb. Cake, with Coffee Ice Cream
- Combine chicken, celery and Parmesan in medium bowl. Blend mayonnaise and pesto in small bowl. Add in to chicken mix and toss to combine.
- Arrange watercress sprigs on 2 medium plates. Spoon 1/2 chicken salad on watercress on each plate. Garnish with whole cherry tomatoes or possibly tomato wedges. Serve with baguette slices.
- VARIATION: Cut baguette into quarters. Split 2 quarters and fill each with 1/2 chicken salad. Garnish with watercress sprigs.
- Makes 2 sandwiches.
- [SALAD 2 servings.
- TIP: "The most time-consuming part of the recipe is removing the meat from a plump, roasted chicken picked up in the deli section of the supermarket.
- Or possibly substitute turkey if desired."
- *To make amaretto poundcake, simply sprinkle a couple of slices of commercial poundcake with amaretto or possibly coffee-flavored liqueur and top each slice with a scoop of coffee ice cream. Couldn't be easier.
- *If you make your own pesto sauce, freeze a batch in an ice cube tray. Once hard, pop out the pesto cubes, wrap individually and store in a plastic bag in the freezer. These small amounts come in handy for recipes like this or possibly you can thaw several cubes when larger amounts are needed.
- *When you cannot find fresh pesto, buy it refrigerated or possibly frzn. Frzn pesto thaws quickly at room temperature or possibly in a few seconds in the microwave.
- Notes: MENU* Pesto Chicken Salad* Cherry Tomatoes or possibly Tomato Wedges*
- Baguette* Amaretto Lb. Cake with Coffee Ice Cream
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 735g|
|Recipe makes 2 servings|
|Calories from Fat 535||68%|
|Total Fat 59.91g||75%|
|Saturated Fat 14.01g||56%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 23.88g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 6.3g||21%|