Cost per serving $0.35 view details
- 2 lb russet potatoes, (about 6 medium)
- 1 quart water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 c. oat lowfat milk
- 1 Tbsp. canola or possibly extra virgin extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- Â Â preferably freshly grnd
- Â Â Salt, to taste
- Makes 6 to 8 servings. VEGAN
- There are several secret of perfect mashed potatoes. The first is to use only sufficient water to cover and to salt the water so no additional salt is needed.
- The second is to heat the liquids. The third, and most important thing, is to use a potato masher or possibly ricer before whipping.
- Peel potatoes, removing all eyes and blemishes. Halve potatoes lengthwise. Cut each half into eight similar-size pcs.
- Place potatoes in 3 1/2 - to 4-qt pan. Cover with 1 qt water. Add in 1 tsp. salt. Cover pan. Over high heat bring water to boil, about 10 min. Reduce heat to medium. Cook covered till potatoes are fork tender, about 10 to 12 min.
- Meanwhile in a small saucepan over low heat, bring oat lowfat milk to simmer. Don't boil.
- Drain cooked potatoes. Return to pan and mash very well with old-fashioned potato masher.
- Scrape potatoes with spatula into mixer bowl or possibly separate bowl. With whip attachment on medium speed or possibly with hand mixer, begin to whip potatoes while slowly adding warm oat lowfat milk. Scrape bowl to incorporate all potatoes. Add in oil and pepper. Whip to mix. Taste for salt, adding more if necessary.
- Serve immediately or possibly keep hot for up to 1 hour by putting bowl, covered, in warm water bath.
- Makes 6 to 8 servings.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 338g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 37||15%|
|Total Fat 4.25g||5%|
|Saturated Fat 0.52g||2%|
|Trans Fat 0.01g|
|Total Carbs 44.66g||12%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.8g||16%|