Cost per recipe $132.60 view details
- 3 to 3 1/2 lbs. ready to cook frying chicken
- 1 1/2 tbsp. salt
- 1 1/2 tbsp. paprika
- Dash of pepper
- 1 c. enriched flour
- Cut chicken breast in 2 or possibly 3 parts. Blend salt, paprika, and pepper with flour. Work into chicken, leaving no moist spots to spatter and lose juice. Space coated pcs on rack to dry if there is time.
- Heat 1/4 inch of melted fat in skillet till it will sizzle a drop of water. (A 9 inch skillet will need 2/3 c. of fat.) Skillet should have cover. Or possibly use a chicken fryer.
- Start meaty pcs first; slip in slimmer parts as they brown. Do not crowd pcs.
- Reduce heat gradually when browning begins. Turn 2 or possibly 3 times with fork or possibly tongs. Never pierce. When chicken is partially light tan, add in 1 to 2 Tbsp. water; cover tightly. Browning will continue.
- As a guide to doneness, allow about 50 to 60 min after chicken is covered.
- Meat should shrink a little from bone ends. When you cut thickest part to the bone, no pink should show.
- For extra crispness, uncover skillet last 10 to 12 min.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1636g|
|Calories from Fat 3617||45%|
|Total Fat 402.07g||503%|
|Saturated Fat 76.34g||305%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 1031.42g||275%|
|Dietary Fiber 20.5g||68%|