Cost per serving $1.53 view details
- 2 tsp coriander
- 2 tsp cumin
- Â½ tsp turmeric
- 1 Â¼ tsp black peppercorns, coarsely ground
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken thighs, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 tbsp vegetable or canola oil
- 2 cups onion, sliced
- 1 Â½ tsp garlic, minced
- 1 Â½ tsp ginger, minced (I used ginger paste found in the specialty aisle)
- 1 tsp (we put more) fresh, green chili (serrano or Thai), minced or green curry paste (found in the specialty aisle)
- Â¾ cup canned unsweetened coconut milk
- 12 to 15 oz. canned, rinsed chickpeas-optional
- 1 tbsp butter (or ghee if you can find it)
- Â½ cup raw cashews, halved or broken
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- steamed basmati rice-optional
- naan bread-optional
- Mix the coriander, cumin, turmeric, black pepper and Â¼ tsp salt in a large bowl. Rub the chicken pieces in the mix and refrigerate, in the bowl, for an hour.
- Heat the oil in a large pan over medium heat. SautÃ© the onion until browned, add the garlic, ginger and green chili (or paste). Cook for 1 minute and then place the chicken pieces into the pan with the remaining Â¾ tsp salt. Fry, stirring frequently until the chicken is no longer pink. Stir in Â¼ cup of the coconut milk, chickpeas (optional) and Â¼ cup of water, cover and simmer for 30 minutes over low heat.
- In another pan, add the butter (or ghee) and sautÃ© the cashews until golden brown, stirring constantly over medium heat. Set aside. When the chicken is cooked, add the remaining Â½ cup coconut milk and bring to a simmer. Remove from the heat, stir in the lemon juice and taste for salt. Top with the cashews and cilantro and serve over rice with maybe some naan bread on the side.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 175g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 173||57%|
|Total Fat 20.3g||25%|
|Saturated Fat 9.0g||36%|
|Trans Fat 0.1g|
|Total Carbs 11.37g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.7g||6%|