Cost per serving $1.37 view details
- 2 lrg green pepper
- 8 ounce grnd turkey breast * see note
- 1/2 c. minced onion
- 1 c. cooked brown rice
- 1 c. recipe-style stewed tomatoes with juices
- 2 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp dry basil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp grnd black pepper
- 1/4 c. finely shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- Bring water in large saucepan to boil. Meanwhile, cut the peppers lengthwise in half. Remove and throw away the stems, seeds and membranes.
- Carefully, place the peppers in the boiling water for 3 min. Using a slotted spoon, remove the peppers and invert them onto paper towels to drain well.
- Preheat the oven to 375-degrees. Lightly spray an unheated large skillet with no-stick spray. Add in the turkey and onions. Cook over medium heat till the turkey is no longer pink, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the rice, tomatoes (with juices), tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, basil, salt and pepper. Cover and simmer for 10 min, stirring occasionally.
- Place the pepper halves in an 8"x8"x2" baking dish. Spoon the meat mix into the pepper shells. Sprinkle the cheese on top. Bake about 10 min or possibly till heated through.
- NOTES : To Make sure you're buying the leanest grnd turkey available, check the label. Look for products made with only turkey breast meat. Many grnd turkey products contain the dark meat and the fatty skin.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 205g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 58||30%|
|Total Fat 6.54g||8%|
|Saturated Fat 2.61g||10%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 18.55g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.7g||9%|