Cost per serving $1.29 view details
- 1 box Atkins Quick and Easy
- Â Â Country White Bread Mix - (12.6 ounce)
- 4 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 med red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 c. sliced white mushrooms
- 2 x green onions thinly sliced
- 4 ounce pepperoni - (abt 24 3"-dia slices)
- 1 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
- Combine bread mix and yeast in a large bowl. Add in 1 1/2 c. hot water and 4 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil. Mix with a spoon to create a soft dough. Knead gently for one minute. Cut dough into four equal pcs and shape into balls. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise for 1 hour and 15 min.
- Heat extra virgin olive oil in a skillet over medium heat for 1 minute, add in peppers and mushrooms. Cook for 5 to 6 min or possibly till peppers are tender and mushrooms are lightly browned. Add in onions and cook for one minute more. Allow to cold to room temperature.
- When dough has finished rising, heat oven to 400 degrees. Flatten dough balls into circles 7 to 8 inches in diameter. Over one half of each dough circle layer 3 slices of pepperoni, 1/4 of the red pepper and mushroom mix, 1/4 c. cheese and 3 more slices of pepperoni. Brush dough edge with water and fold over to cover filling. Press edges together; seal by pressing down with the tines of a fork.
- Arrange calzones several inches apart on a baking sheet. Cut three slits in each to allow steam to escape. Bake 25 to 30 min or possibly till calzones are puffed and golden. Cold slightly before serving.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.
- Description: "Calzones are pizza dough envelopes with the toppings on the inside.
- Most pizza toppings will work as fillings, so experiment with your own favorites."
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 106g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 284||80%|
|Total Fat 31.73g||40%|
|Saturated Fat 9.16g||37%|
|Trans Fat 0.46g|
|Total Carbs 2.9g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.6g||2%|