Cost per serving $1.53 view details
- 4 x beef tenderloin fillets - (6 ounce ea)
- 3/4 tsp salt divided
- 1 Tbsp. cracked pepper
- 1/2 c. butter or possibly margarine divided
- 2 tsp flour
- 1/4 tsp freshly-grnd black pepper
- 2/3 c. whipping cream
- 2 Tbsp. prepared horseradish
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Sprinkle fillets proportionately with 1/2 tsp. salt; press cracked pepper into all sides of fillets.
- Heat 1/4 c. butter in a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat; add in beef, and cook for 3 to 4 min on each side or possibly till beef is desired degree of doneness.
- Heat remaining 1/4 c. butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in flour, remaining 1/4 tsp. salt, and grnd pepper till blended; cook, whisking constantly, 1 minute. Add in cream, and cook, whisking constantly, 1 minute or possibly till thickened and bubbly. Stir in horseradish and mustard. Drizzle over fillets.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.
- Comments: Angela Kotowicz and her husband, Chris, serve their winning recipe on Christmas Eve and other special occasions. "Every time we have made it, we have adapted the sauce to our liking, adding and changing things," Angela says. Horseradish, she notes, is Chris's favorite condiment.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 83g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 291||87%|
|Total Fat 33.09g||41%|
|Saturated Fat 20.18g||81%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 3.52g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.7g||2%|