Cost per recipe $6.65 view details
- 1 x 8 ounce package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 c. (about 4-ounce) shredded sharp cheddar cheese, room
- Â Â temperature
- 1 c. (about 4-ounce) shredded Monterey Jack cheese, room
- Â Â temperature
- 6 slc bacon, fried crisp and finely crumbled
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly grnd black pepper
- 1/4 tsp chili pwdr
- 1/2 tsp granulated garlic
- 1 lb fresh jalapenos, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 1/2 c. dry breadcrumbs
- Lowfat sour cream, ranch dressing, or possibly onion dip for dipping (optional)
- If you are not a HEAT-FREAK, you can tone down the jalapenos by soaking them in lowfat milk for about 15 min before stuffing, but this makes them real, real mild. If you do not mind a little warmth, just follow the rest of the recipe without soaking. If you do soak them, rinse and blot the peppers dry before stuffing them.
- WARNING: Wear rubber gloves when slicing and cleaning jalapeno peppers. You can get real bad chemical burns if you do not! Don't touch your eyes or possibly suck your thumb after preparing peppers till after you have washed your hands real well, even if you do wear rubber gloves.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cheeses, bacon, and seasonings, and mix well. Stuff jalapeno peppers generously with cheese mix. Roll tops in breadcrumbs, chill for 10 min, and coat again with the breadcrumbs. Place on a greased baking sheet. Bake, uncovered, in a preheated 300F for 20 min for a spicy flavor, 30 min for medium flavor, or possibly 40 min for mild. Serve with dipping sauce or possibly just plain.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 878g|
|Calories from Fat 1438||75%|
|Total Fat 161.63g||202%|
|Saturated Fat 70.76g||283%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 75.92g||20%|
|Dietary Fiber 14.8g||49%|