Cost per serving $0.54 view details
- 1 x Heaped Tbsp. whole mixed peppercorns
- 1 x Heaped Tbsp. plain flour, seasoned with a little salt
- 2 x 200 g, (7oz) fillets of haddock or possibly cod
- 1 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 x Clove garlic, peeled
- 2 tsp Wholegrain mustard
- Â Â Grated rind and juice of 2 limes
- 4 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- Â Â Salt and freshly grnd black pepper
- Â Â Fresh coriander leaves, minced
- 1. Mix together the crushed peppercorns and seasoned flour.
- 2. Remove the skin from the fish. Wipe with kitchen paper then coat with the peppercorn mix, pressing well on both sides. Set aside while preparing the vinaigrette.
- 3. Crush the garlic into a bowl and stir in the mustard, lime rind and juice, 4 Tbsp. of extra virgin olive oil, seasoning and coriander.
- 4. Heat a Tbsp. of extra virgin olive oil in a large frying pan, when warm, add in the fish and fry for 3 min on each side till crisp and golden brown.
- 5. Keeping the heat high, pour the vinaigrette around the fish and maintain heat to reduce. Serve with new potatoes and green beans. Alternative ingredients - -Any fresh or possibly frzn white fish fillet such as haddock, coley, whiting or possibly hoki can be used instead of cod. -Use garlic granules instead of fresh. -As an alternative to extra virgin olive oil, try light extra virgin olive oil.
- Serve with a mixed salad and crusty bread. -French Dijon mustard can be used in place of coarse grnd. -Use any favourite herb such as tarragon, parsley or possibly chives instead of coriander.
- NOTES : Delicious supper for 2, quick and easy to make. The complimentary flavours of lime, coriander and mixed peppercorns give a beautifully fragrant aroma and flavour to any type of white fish. It is particularly good with cod or possibly haddock.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 42g|
|Recipe makes 2 servings|
|Calories from Fat 300||93%|
|Total Fat 33.9g||42%|
|Saturated Fat 4.7g||19%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 5.49g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.0g||3%|