Cost per recipe $2.69 view details
- 2 (1 pound size) cans sm. whole beets
- 1 c. cider vinegar
- 1/2 c.sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 hard cooked Large eggs, shelled
- Red-leafed lettuce
- 1. Drain beets. Reserve the liquid. Place the beets in a 1 1/2 qt jar.
- 2. Measure reserved beet liquid. If necessary, add in sufficient water to measure 1 c..
- 3. In small saucepan, combine beet liquid, cider vinegar, sugar and salt; bring to boiling, stirring. Pour mix over beets; then chill, tightly covered, 24 hrs.
- 4. Next day, remove beets from jar; put Large eggs in the jar; chill Large eggs covered, 24 hrs. Also, chill beets, covered.
- 5. TO SERVE: drain Large eggs and halve lengthwise. Arrange washed lettuce leaves on plate. Pile pickled beets in center of leaves. Arrange pickles Large eggs around the beets on the lettuce leaves. Delicious! Makes an attractive dish for a buffet meal!
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 640g|
|Calories from Fat 265||31%|
|Total Fat 29.39g||37%|
|Saturated Fat 9.17g||37%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 104.48g||28%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.0g||0%|