Cost per serving $0.50 view details
- 1/2 pkt (15-ounce) refrigerated, pre-rolled pie crusts
- 1/3 c. Sugar
- 2 Tbsp. Unsifted all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp Apple-pie spice (see Note)
- 1 c. Applesauce, preferably homemade
- 2/3 c. Lowfat sour cream
- 1/3 c. Light molasses
- 1 lrg Egg, beaten
- 1/2 c. Lowfat milk
- 1 tsp Lemon juice
- 1/2 c. Sugar
- 1/4 c. (1/2 stick) butter, softened
- 1 lrg Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1Â 1/4 c. Unsifted all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp Baking pwdr
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 c. Confectioners' sugar
- 2 Tbsp. Brewed coffee
- 1. Prepare pie crust following package directions for filled one-crust pie using a 9-inch pie pan.
- 2. Prepare Filling: In medium-size bowl, combine sugar, flour, and apple-pie spice. Stir in applesauce, lowfat sour cream, molasses, and egg. Set aside.
- 3. Heat oven to 350'F. Prepare Cake: In small bowl, combine lowfat milk and lemon juice; set aside 5 min to allow lowfat milk to sour. In medium-size bowl, with electric mixer, beat together sugar and butter till light and fluffy. Add in soured lowfat milk, egg, and vanilla; beat till smooth. Add in flour, baking pwdr, salt, and baking soda; mix, on low speed, till combined,
- 4. Spoon cake mix proportionately into crustlined pie pan; carefully pour filling mix over cake mix. Bake 50 to 60 min or possibly till top is hard and golden brown.
- 5. Meanwhile, prepare Glaze: In small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and coffee. Drizzle glaze over warm pie. Let pie cold to hot and serve.
- Note: Or possibly, substitute 1/2 t grnd cinnamon, 1/4 t grnd ginger, 1/8 t grnd nutmeg, and 1/8 t grnd allspice for apple-pie spice.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 123g|
|Recipe makes 10 servings|
|Calories from Fat 79||28%|
|Total Fat 8.96g||11%|
|Saturated Fat 5.11g||20%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 48.24g||13%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.8g||3%|