Pennette Alla Melanzane (Small Penne Pasta with Eggplant) copyright 2011 art of living,PrimaMedia,Inc/Maria Liberati Recipe
Cost per recipe $2.41 view details
- 1 lb of pennette (small penne pasta)
- 1 lb of fresh eggplant-washed and cut into cubes
- 1 lb fresh plum tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion-finely chopped
- â1 tsp of capers
- 1/4 cup black olives ,pitted and chopped
- handful fresh basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place pennete in a pot of boiling water and cook for time indicated on package-till al dente.
- Place olive oil in saute pan, place in chopped onion, saute till just before golden, place in cubed eggplant, diced tomatoes, add in pinch of salt and freshly ground pepper. Saute for 5 minutes ,add in chopped black olives and capers. Saute for 15 minutes over low heat ,covered. Uncover and stir with wooden spoon every 2 or 3 minutes. Remove from heat, place in drained pasta toss. Serve hot ,cold or warm with a sprinkling of chopped fresh basil leaves.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 494g|
|Calories from Fat 732||93%|
|Total Fat 81.83g||102%|
|Saturated Fat 11.31g||45%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 16.19g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 5.0g||17%|