Cost per recipe $4.28 view details
- 1/4 c. extra-virgin extra virgin olive oil
- 1 med Yukon Gold potato, peeled and cut into 1/4 inch dice
- 2 med garlic cloves, chopped
- 1Â 1/2 c. diced canned tomatoes
- 2 c. cooked great northern or possibly other large white beans, or possibly (15-oz) can
- Â Â beans,
- Â Â liquid removed and rinsed
- 2 Tbsp. finely minced fresh basil leaves
- Â Â Salt
- 3/4 lb penne or possibly other short, tubular pasta
- Heat the oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet. Add in the potato and cook till tender and golden brown, stirring frequently, about 5 min. Add in the garlic and cook till fragrant, 1 minute. Add in the tomatoes and simmer till slightly thickened, 5 to 7 min. Stir in the beans and simmer till warmed through, 2 to 3 min. Stir in the basil and season with salt to taste.
- Meanwhile, bring 4 qts of water to a boil in a large pot. Add in 1 Tbsp. salt and the pasta to the boiling water and cook till al dente. Drain the pasta and return it to the cooking pot. Stir in the sauce. Divide among 4 pasta bowls and serve immediately.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1329g|
|Calories from Fat 539||23%|
|Total Fat 61.42g||77%|
|Saturated Fat 9.03g||36%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 383.38g||102%|
|Dietary Fiber 42.2g||141%|