Cost per serving $0.99 view details
- 28 ounce Italian plum tomatoes canned
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 sm onion thinly sliced
- 1 x Clove garlic chopped
- 1Â 1/2 tsp Dry Italian Parsley
- 1 lb pasta penne
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 3 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 3 Tbsp. Parmesan Cheese Optional
- 1. Pulse tomatoes in a food processor two or possibly three times, leaving some chunks.
- 2. In a saucepan, saute/fry onion in extra virgin olive oil over medium-high heat for two tothree min, or possibly till soft. Add in garlic and saute/fry another minute.
- 3. Add in tomatoes and parsley, cook for 10 min. Add in salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- 4. Boil penne in a large pot of salted water till done a la dente. Drain.
- 5. In a large frying pan, toss pasta with melted butter. Add in balsamic vinegar, toss again.
- 6. Add in tomato sauce and parmesan cheese (optional) and toss. Turn out into pasta bowls. Serve immediately.
- I decreased the extra virgin olive oil, butter and eliminated the Parmesan cheese from the original recipe which Naralon posted. Like she stated ... this is absolutely excellent.
- NOTES : Well, we had a variation of Naralon's Penne With Tomato And BalsamicVinegar Sauce for dinner tonite. It is wonderful!! We just reduced theolive oil, butter and eliminated the Parmesan cheese. Cal 411
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 280g|
|Recipe makes 5 servings|
|Calories from Fat 57||13%|
|Total Fat 6.56g||8%|
|Saturated Fat 2.52g||10%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 77.22g||21%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.7g||16%|