Cost per serving $1.30 view details
- Â½ lb. whole wheat pasta (I used penne)
- Â½ cup walnuts, chopped
- Â¼ cup pine nuts-optional (I added)
- Â½ cup feta cheese, crumbled
- Â½ cup red onion, diced (or shallot)
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach, chopped
- 2 tbsp walnut oil (or olive oil)
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- Â½ tsp Dijon mustard
- Cook the pasta according to the directions. Drain the pasta and rinse under cold water (not normally done but itâs for cold or room temp salad). Chill in the refrigerator while making dressing.
- In a pan, over low heat, toast the walnuts and optional pine nuts for a few minutes. In a large bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, garlic, onion or shallot, mustard and salt/pepper. Add the walnuts/pine nuts, spinach and feta to the dressing. Toss the pasta into this mixture and chill or serve.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 127g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 139||37%|
|Total Fat 16.01g||20%|
|Saturated Fat 3.99g||16%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 46.35g||12%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.6g||9%|