We planned to make this last night but the store we shopped in didn't have fresh mussels or clams. Instead of dropping it, we substituted shrimp and it was still delicious! I added a little extra garlic and white wine because I love extra sauce.
Thanks for sharing, John!
Cost per recipe $1.77 view details
- Mussels In Shell â de-bearded Penn Cove (Whidbey Island) 16 oz
- Olive Oil 1 fl. oz
- Garlic â shaved cloves, whole slices 1 tsp.
- Onion â white, minced fine 1 Tbsp.
- Roma Tomato â diced Â½â Â¼ cup
- Sea Salt 1/16 tsp.
- Pepper â ground 2-3 turns
- White Wine 1 fl. oz
- Italian Parsley â chopped coarse 2 tsp.
- Heat the olive oil in a sautÃ© pan, when the olive oil is beginning to heat add the garlic and onion, let sautÃ© until the garlic is turning golden. Add the mussels to the pan. Toss lightly, add the tomato and the seafood seasoning, cook and toss then add the clam juice/white wine. Cover and steam for 2 minutes or until the mussels have opened.
- Add the parsley, toss lightly. Place in the bowl placing some of the tomato on top. Serve.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 310g|
|Calories from Fat 245||71%|
|Total Fat 27.75g||35%|
|Saturated Fat 3.88g||16%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 16.84g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.4g||11%|