Cost per serving $6.27 view details
- 6 x chicken breasts, (8-oz)
- 3/4 c. vegetable oil
- 6 Tbsp. garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. salt
- 6 x peaches, minced
- 1 pt strawberries, minced
- 1/2 c. red onion, minced
- 1 Tbsp. jalapeno, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. dark chili pwdr
- 1 bn cilantro, minced
- 1 Tbsp. tequila
- Â Â juice of 4 limes
- Â Â juice of 4 oranges
- 2 c. balsamic vinegar
- Â Â Juice of 2 limes
- 5 x cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 c. onion, minced
- 2Â 1/4 c. lowfat milk
- 2Â 1/4 c. chicken stock
- 1Â 1/2 c. cornmeal
- 5 c. jalapeno Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 1 can green chiles, (8-oz) liquid removed
- 1/2 c. maple syrup
- Â Â Salt, to taste
- 6 x egg yolks, beaten
- 6 x egg whites
- Pecan Smoked Chicken Breast W/ Jalapeno Monterey Jack Cheese Spoon Bread, Peach & Strawberry Tequila Salsa & Balsamic Lime Reduction, (entire title).
- For The Chicken:Rinse the chicken and pat dry. Combine the vegetable oil, garlic and salt in a shallow bowl; mix well. Add in the chicken. Marinate, covered, in the refrigerator overnight.
- Cool smoke the chicken. (See instructions on Smoking.)
- Grill the chicken over medium-warm coals till cooked through, turning occasionally.
- For The Salsa:Mix the peaches, strawberries, red onion, chili pwdr, cilantro, tequila, lime juice and orange juice in a medium bowl.
- Chill, covered, in the refrigerator.
- For The Balsamic Reduction:Simmer the vinegar in a nonreactive saucepan till reduced by two-thirds.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in the lime juice. Let stand till cold. Pour into a squeeze bottle.
- For The Spoon Bread:Combine the garlic, onion, lowfat milk and chicken stock in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil. Stir in the cornmeal.
- Cook over medium heat for 15 to 20 min or possibly till thickened, stirring frequently. Remove from heat. Add in the cheese, chiles, syrup, salt and egg yolks, mixing well.
- Beat the egg whites in a mixer bowl till stiff peaks form. Fold into the batter. Pour into a 9x12-inch greased baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour and 20 min.
- To Assemble:Place a chicken breast and a serving of spoon bread on each individual serving plate. Spoon the salsa on top of the chicken.
- Garnish by squeezing designs of balsamic lime reduction over the entire plate.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 969g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 385||39%|
|Total Fat 43.39g||54%|
|Saturated Fat 6.58g||26%|
|Trans Fat 0.87g|
|Total Carbs 110.03g||29%|
|Dietary Fiber 9.4g||31%|