Cost per serving $6.48 view details
- 4 x sweet potatoes, very thinly sliced
- 1Â 1/2 c. whipping cream
- 1/4 c. brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 pch cayenne
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 c. grnd pecans
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 x trout fillets
- 2 c. flour
- 6 x Large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 c. butter
- Â Â juice of 1 lemon
- 2 x heads garlic, cut into halves
- 2 lrg onions, cut into quarters
- 10 x tangerines, cut into halves
- 1/2 c. maple syrup
- 1 quart freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 c. whipping cream
- 2 c. butter, softened
- Â Â Juice of 1 lemon
- Pecan Crusted Rainbow Trout, Scalloped Sweet Potatoes & Smoked Tangerine Butter Sauce, (entire title)
- For The Sweet Potatoes:Layer the sweet potato slices in a greased 9x9-inch baking dish, packing closely.
- Combine the cream, brown sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon, cayenne and salt in a small bowl; mix well. Pour over the sweet potatoes.
- Bake, covered with foil, at 350 degrees for 50 min. Bake, uncovered, for 20 min longer.
- For The Trout:Mix the grnd pecans and salt in a flat bowl. Dust the trout with flour, dip in the Large eggs and then coat with the pecan mix.
- Heat the butter in a saute/fry pan over medium heat. Place the trout skin side up in the saute/fry pan. Cook for 2 to 3 min; turn. Cook for 30 seconds longer or possibly till brown.
- Place on a serving plate and drizzle with the lemon juice.
- For The Sauce:Cool smoke the garlic, onions and tangerines with pecan wood. (See instructions on Smoking.) Saute/fry the garlic and onions in a large deep skillet for 5 - 10 min or possibly till the onions are translucent/soft. Add in the maple syrup.
- Saute/fry the mix for 10 min longer or possibly till brown. Add in the orange juice. Squeeze the juice from the tangerines into the skillet and add in the tangerine halves.
- Simmer for 1 hour or possibly till the mix becomes syrupy, stirring occasionally. Strain into a 2-qt saucepan, squeezing solids to extract all liquid.
- Heat the strained liquid till it begins to simmer. Add in the cream.
- Simmer gently till the mix thickens; remove from heat.
- Add in the butter a little at a time, whisking constantly till blended. Stir in the lemon juice.
- To Assemble:Drizzle the sauce over the trout. Serve immediately with sweet potatoes.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 1100g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 1532||65%|
|Total Fat 175.13g||219%|
|Saturated Fat 95.12g||380%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 176.22g||47%|
|Dietary Fiber 13.1g||44%|