Cost per serving $0.88 view details
- For the topping.
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup oats
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- crystalized ginger - 1/2 - 1 tablespoon depending on your taste
- For the fruit mixture.
- 6 ripe pears, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- Juice and zest of a lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Sprinkling of all purpose flour
- Heat the oven to 375F
- Peel and chop the pears and place in a bowl. Add the rest of the fruit mixture ingredients except the flour.
- Toss together and set aside.
- To make the topping, mix the dry ingredients together.
- Cut the butter into small pieces and rub into the dry ingredients until the mixture looks like breadcrumbs.
- At this point, if the fruit mixture looks very liquidy sprinkle a tablespoon of flour over and mix in. If it looks quite dry just use a teaspoon.
- Pour the fruit mixture into a pie dish and sprinkle the topping over.
- Place the pie dish on a baking dish (to catch an juices that may bubble over) and put in the oven.
- Cook for approx 40 - 50 minutes - or until the top is golden and the juices are bubbling around the edge.
- Let the crumble rest for 10 minutes or so and then serve with whipped cream, ice cream or custard.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 202g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 90||26%|
|Total Fat 10.33g||13%|
|Saturated Fat 5.76g||23%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 58.95g||16%|
|Dietary Fiber 6.3g||21%|