I love peanut butter cakes, and berry-based cakes, so decided to marry the two together and this was the resulting cake!
The peanuts on top was a last minute decision, and I wasn't sure if it'd work, since I only had salted ones to hand - turns out that the saltiness against the sweet berries actually works really well!
This recipe is for an 8" round sandwich tin (6-8 slices)
- 4 tbsp peanut butter
- 50ml grapeseed oil
- 1 small banana (100g), mashed
- 150g self raising flour
- 100g ground almonds
- 75g sugar
- 1/2 tbsp baking powder
- 100g blackberries (fresh or frozen)
- 50g peanuts, salted or unsalted, up to you!
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C. Mix the peanut butter with the oil and mashed banana.
- In another bowl, sift in the flour with the almonds, sugar and baking powder. Fold in the berries.
- Add the peanut butter mixture to the flour mixture. Transfer into a lined sandwich tin, using a knife to level it over. Scatter the peanuts on top.
- Bake for half an hour until nice and golden.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 72g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 136||49%|
|Total Fat 15.73g||20%|
|Saturated Fat 2.08g||8%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 29.88g||8%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.0g||10%|