Cost per recipe $9.35 view details
- 1 x 9 inch refrigerated ready pie crust (1/2 15-oz package), room temperature
- 4 lrg egg yolks
- 2/3 c. sugar
- 3Â 1/2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 3 c. half and half
- 1 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 c. semisweet chocolate chips (6 ounces)
- 1 c. peanut butter chips (6 ounces)
- 1 c. chilled whipping cream
- 2 Tbsp. powdered sugar
- Â Â Grated semisweet chocolate
- For crust:Preheat oven to 400F. Transfer crust to 9-inch-diameter pie dish. Trim edges of crust and pierce all over with fork. Bake pie crust till golden brown
- brown, about 15 min. Cold crust completely on rack.
- For filling:Place yolks in medium bowl. Combine sugar and cornstarch in heavy medium saucepan. Whisk in half and half. Bring mix to boil over medium-high
- heat, whisking constantly. Boil 1 minute. Whisk half of mix into yolks. Return yolk mix to saucepan. Boil 1 minute, whisking constantly. Remove from heat. Stir in butter and vanilla. Place chocolate chips in medium bowl. Add in 1 c. warm custard and stir till chocolate chips heat and mix is smooth. Add in peanut butter chips to remaining custard in saucepan and stir till peanut butter chips heat and mix is smooth.
- Spread chocolate mix proportionately into prepared crust. Gently spoon peanut butter mix over chocolate, spreading to edge of crust. Place plastic wrap atop pie to prevent skin from forming. Cold pie on rack 1 hour.
- Chill till set, about 2 hrs. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead.)
- For topping:Using electric mixer, beat whipping cream in medium bowl to soft peaks.
- Add in sugar and beat till stiff peaks form. Spoon topping into pastry bag fitted with large star tip. Pipe cream decoratively atop pie. Sprinkle with grated semisweet chocolate.
- Serves 8.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1347g|
|Calories from Fat 2017||55%|
|Total Fat 227.42g||284%|
|Saturated Fat 131.46g||526%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 349.49g||93%|
|Dietary Fiber 8.3g||28%|