Cost per recipe $14.01 view details
- 4 quart. sliced peeled peaches (9 lbs.)
- 1 teaspoon powdered ascorbic acid
- 1 gallon water
- 3 c. sugar
- 1/2 c. plus 2 tbsp. quick-cooking tapioca
- 1/4 c. lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Place peaches in large container. Dissolve ascorbic acid in water and pour over peaches. Drain. Combine peaches, sugar, tapioca, lemon juice and salt.
- Line four 8-inch pie pans with heavy duty aluminum foil, letting it extend 5 inches beyond rim. Divide filling proportionately between pans. Makes filling for four 9-inch pies.
- To freeze, fold foil loosely over filling. Freeze. Remove from freezer, turn filling from pans and wrap snugly with foil. Return to freezer. Recommended storage time--6 months.
- To bake, remove foil from frzn pie filling and place it unthawed in a pastry lined 9-inch pie pan. If desired, sprinkle with 1/4 tsp. grnd nutmeg or possibly cinnamon. Adjust top crust; flute edges and cut vents (or possibly use a lattice crust). Bake in warm 425 degree oven for 1 hour and 10 min or possibly till syrup boils with heavy bubbles which don't burst.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 6940g|
|Calories from Fat 50||1%|
|Total Fat 5.94g||7%|
|Saturated Fat 0.48g||2%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 931.91g||249%|
|Dietary Fiber 36.8g||123%|