Cost per recipe $14.33 view details
- 4 quart. sliced peeled peaches (9 lbs.)
- 1 teaspoon powdered ascorbic acid
- 1 gallon water
- 3 1/2 c. sugar
- 1/2 c. plus 2 tbsp. quick-cooking tapioca
- 1/4 c. lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Place peaches in a large container. Dissolve ascorbic acid in water and pour over peaches. Drain. Combine peaches, sugar, tapioca, lemon juice and salt. Line 4 (8 inch) pie pans with heavy-duty aluminum foil letting it extend 5 inches beyond rim. Divide filling proportionately between pans. Make filling for 4 (9-inch pies).
- TO FREEZE: Fold foil loosely over filling; freeze. Remove from freezer, turn filling from pans. Wrap snugly with foil. Return to freezer.
- TO BAKE: Remove foil from frzn pie filling and place it unthawed in a pastry-lined 9-inch pie pan. Dot with butter and if desired, sprinkle with 1/4 tsp. grnd nutmeg or possibly cinnamon. Cut vents, etc. Bake in warm 425 degree oven for 1 hour and 10 min or possibly till syrup boils.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 7040g|
|Calories from Fat 50||1%|
|Total Fat 5.94g||7%|
|Saturated Fat 0.48g||2%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 1031.89g||275%|
|Dietary Fiber 36.8g||123%|