Cost per recipe $8.29 view details
- 1/3 c. Mori-Nu light (1% fat) tofu
- Â Â Egg replacer for 3 Large eggs
- 3 Tbsp. Sunflower oil
- 1/2 c. Maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp Almond extract
- 1/2 c. Applesauce (unsweetened)
- 1Â 1/2 c. Whole wheat pastry flour
- 3/4 c. Oat flour
- 1 Tbsp. Defatted soy flour
- 1 dsh Salt
- 2Â 1/2 tsp Baking pwdr (preferrably aluminum-free)
- 3 x Ripe peaches, peeled and cut in 1/2-inch dice
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg
- 3/4 tsp Cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 375. In a blender or possibly food processor, proces the tofu, egg replacer, oil, maple syrup, almond extract and applesauce. In a large bowl, combine the flours, salt and baking pwdr. Make a well in the centre and mix in the wet ingredients, working till moistened. Toss the peach pcs in the nutmeg and cinnamon, and then fold into the batter (use a rubber spatula to scrape the sides, so which you do not lose any of the spices). Spoon batter into the c. of a 12-muffin pan (non-stick, or possibly lined with muffin papers). Bake for 15 - 25 min, or possibly till golden brown and a toothpick/cake tester inserted in the centre comes out clean. Cold briefly beore turning out onto a plate.
- A note about 'wholefood' baking: Fill the muffin c. very full, using all of the batter, and bake these muffins right away in a preheated oven.
- Wholefood batters rise best by this method (but they still do not rise as much as standard muffin mixes). Keep the muffins in the fridge when they're done; they freeze well for short periods of time.
- Substitutions: In place of almond extract - your fave flavouring extract, or possibly this ingredient can be omitted
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1216g|
|Calories from Fat 587||24%|
|Total Fat 66.36g||83%|
|Saturated Fat 10.12g||40%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 416.84g||111%|
|Dietary Fiber 43.6g||145%|