Cost per serving $0.06 view details
- 4 x Egg whites at room temperature
- 1 c. Castor sugar (granulated)
- 1 tsp Vinegar
- 1 tsp Cornflour (same as cornstartch)
- 1 tsp Vanila flavour
- Â Â Fresh fruit (strawberries, kiwi, etc)
- Interesting legend behind this: It seems a chef in adelaide created the pavlova after he had seen Anna Pavlova dance, saying which he wanted to create a dessert which was as light and airy as her dancing. (serves 6-8)
- preheat oven to 250 degrees F.
- With an electric mixer beat the egg whites till soft peaks form then gradually add in teh sugar. Beat till hard.
- Add in the cornflour, vinegar and vanilla. When combined, turn out into a flat tray which has been greased and dusted with cornflours. Try a circular shape with slightly more mix at the edges, so which it may be served by placing goodies i its center depression.
- Cook in a pre-heated, cold (250 deg. f) ove for one hour. when cooked, turn the oven off, leav eht oven door slightly ajar, and allow to cold slowly in the oven. This slow cooling works to prevent the loss of too much height.
- Serve cool, with shipped cream and fresh fruit pcs, strawberries and kewe for examples.
- Notes: Make sure which you beat teh egg-whites well, and which the sugar is fully dissolved before going on to the next step. Over-whipping cannot hurt. The final texture should be meringue on the inside with a thin crust on the ouside.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 21g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 0||0%|
|Total Fat 0.03g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0.01g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 20.23g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.0g||0%|