Cost per serving $0.95 view details
- 4 med red potatoes boiled & minced
- 2 x heads cauliflower bite size
- 2 med green pepper cored & seeded
- 1 c. green peas
- 4 lrg tomatoes, red ripe minced
- 2 med onion sliced
- 4 x green chiles 2-3
- 1/4 c. cilantro minced
- 2 tsp cumin seed
- 2 piece ginger root size of a quarter
- 2 lrg onion sliced
- 2 lrg tomatoes, red ripe minced
- 1 tsp salt and pepper or possibly to taste
- 2 tsp Pav Bhaji masaala
- 3/8 c. butter
- Grind up ingredients 5 through 10 (tomatoes, onions, green chiles, cilantro, cumin, and ginger) in a blender. Saute/fry the remaining onion in butter till it turns a golden. Add in the remaining tomato with the spices and simmer for a few min. Add in the contents of the blender and the vegetables. Simmer till the vegetables are tender (this seem to take longer than you would imagine). Top with more butter if you like.
- To serve as authentic street food slice a loaf of French bread and toast it in butter in a fry pan. Top with Pav Bhaji and eat out of hand.
- I got this recipe in an Indian cooking claas which I took quite awhile ago. When I cook and Indian dinner for company this is frequently the favorite, and of course, you can make it as spicy as you wish, but it is quite spicy if you just follow the recipe.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 223g|
|Recipe makes 12 servings|
|Calories from Fat 54||39%|
|Total Fat 6.19g||8%|
|Saturated Fat 3.73g||15%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 19.87g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.4g||11%|