This recipe is WONDERFUL and incredibly easy! I was terrified to light the flame, but don't be. It really wasn't as scary as I anticipated. Paula does not add cinnamon to her recipe, but I added a dash and really liked it.
- 1 stick of butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 4 bananas peeled and halved, cut lengthwise
- 1/4 cup dark rum
- dash of cinnamon
- Melt butter in a large skillet.
- Add brown sugar and stir together.
- Add the bananas and cool until caramilized over medium-high heat.
- Pour in the rum and catch a flame off the gas (or a lighter).
- Stand back and igniting; the flame will go above the pan.
- Let flame die down and serve over ice cream.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 145g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 204||50%|
|Total Fat 23.16g||29%|
|Saturated Fat 14.6g||58%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 44.37g||12%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.0g||7%|