One of the wonderful things for me about eating raw food is that if you are used to eating these foods cooked….the texture is such a nice surprise! Even better – the nutrients and goodness are all left intact. Awesome! Try this out, you are sure to love it! My kids (6 and 8 years old) gobbled it up!
- 3 fist sized patty pan squash, cut into small matchsticks
- 4 tbsp finely chopped red onion
- juice 1/4 lemon
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tbsp maple sugar (maple syrup can be used â use 1/2 tbsp)
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- small handful fresh basil, rough chopped
- 1/4 cup unsalted cashews, finely chopped
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Combine all ingredients and serve immediately. Add fresh pea shoots or spinach to bulk up if you wish.
- Tastes just like summerâ¦.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 33g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 63||69%|
|Total Fat 7.37g||9%|
|Saturated Fat 1.25g||5%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 5.62g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.4g||1%|