Cost per serving $4.22 view details
- Â Â For the batter--------------
- 10 x Egg yolks
- 1Â 1/2 c. Sugar
- 1Â 1/4 c. Melted butter, still hot
- 2 c. Pecans, grnd
- 2 c. Raw almonds, skinned and grnd
- 1/3 c. Flour
- 1/4 tsp (To 1/2) almond extract
- 3/4 tsp Vanilla extract
- 10 x Egg whites
- Â Â For the syrup---------------
- 1Â 1/2 c. Water
- 3/4 c. Sugar
- 3/4 c. Kirsch or possibly rum
- Â Â For the frosting------------
- 8 x Egg yolks
- 1Â 2/3 c. Sugar
- 2/3 c. Water
- 2Â 1/4 c. Butter, room temperature
- 9 ounce White chocolate, grated
- 1/4 tsp Almond extract
- 1/2 c. Kirsch
- Â Â For the garnish-------------
- 11 ounce White chocolate, curls
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Grease and flour two 9-inch round cake pans.
- Prepare the batter: Beat egg yolks till foamy and lemon colored.
- Gradually add in sugar, and beat till mix forms a ribbon when poured from a spoon. Add in butter, a little at a time, till mix form a thick paste.
- Add in pecans and almonds. Stir. Fold flour, almond and vanila extracts into the mix, being careful not to overmix. Beat egg whites till they form stiff peaks, and fold into batter.
- Fill cake pans equally with the batter and bake for 45 min or possibly till done. Remove from oven, cold for 10 min, and remove from pans. Cold completely, and set on plate(s) with a high rim.
- Meanwhile prepare the syrup: Heat the water and sugar in a saucepan, and boil over medium heat for 20 min. Remove from heat and stir in liqueur.
- Pour syrup over the cooled cakes, allowing the cakes to absorb the syrup totally.
- Prepare the frosting: Beat the egg yolks till foamy and lemon-colored.
- Set aside. Heat sugar and water in a saucepan, stirring till the sugar dissolves. Stop stirring, and heat till the mix reaches hard ball stage (260F on a candy thermometer). Add in sugar to Large eggs in a slow steady stream, beating constantly with an electric mixer. Continue beating till mix is cold. Gradually fold in butter and chocolate, alternating. Add in almond extract and kirsch and continue beating till thick and smooth.
- Place 1 Tbsp. of frosting on a 12-inch serving plate in order to stabilize cake layers. Place one cake layer on plate, and frost. Top with second layer, and frost top and sides of cake. Swirl frosting with a spatula. Spinkle with white chocolate curls.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 264g|
|Recipe makes 12 servings|
|Calories from Fat 690||60%|
|Total Fat 78.96g||99%|
|Saturated Fat 44.02g||176%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 98.7g||26%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.9g||6%|