Cost per serving $2.09 view details
- 1Â 1/2 lb Chicken pcs
- 4 med Yellow onions, peeled, 1 quartered, 3 minced
- 2 x Bay leaves, (divided use)
- Â Â Salt and freshly grnd black pepper
- 5 c. Fresh corn kernels (about 8 ears)
- 1 c. Lowfat milk
- 6 Tbsp. Vegetable oil, divided
- 1 x Clove garlic, peeled & crushed
- 3/4 lb Grnd beef
- 1/4 tsp Grnd cumin
- 2 tsp Dry oregano
- 2 tsp Sweet paprika
- 3 Tbsp. Roughly minced raisins
- 2 x Hard-cooked Large eggs, cut into wedges
- 6 x Black olives, pitted & minced
- 2 Tbsp. Sugar
- Place chicken, the quartered onion, and 1 bay leaf in a pot. Season with salt and pepper, add in water to cover, and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and cook till chicken is done, 15 to 20 min. Remove chicken. When cold, remove skin, pull meat from bones, and tear into large pcs. Transfer quartered onion (throw away cooking liquid and bay leaf) to a food processor or possibly blender. Add in corn and lowfat milk and puree till smooth.
- Heat 2 Tbsp. oil in a skillet over medium-high heat, add in corn puree, cook, stirring till thick, about 5 min. Season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Heat remaining 4 Tablespoons oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add in garlic and cook till golden brown, 5 to 7 min. Throw away garlic. Add in the 3 minced onions and 1 1/4 c. water and cook over medium-high heat till liquid evaporates and onions are soft, 5 to 8 min. Add in beef, breaking it up with the back of a spoon, and cook, stirring, till brown, 5 to 8 min. Add in cumin, oregano, remaining bay leaf, paprika, and raisins, and season with salt and pepper. Stir in 3/4 c. water, reduce heat to medium, and simmer till mix is almost dry, about 5 min. Remove from heat and throw away bay leaf.
- Spread beef mix in the bottom of a 2-qt casserole or possibly in 4 smaller ovenproof dishes. Add in chicken, Large eggs, and olives, spread corn puree on top, and sprinkle with sugar. Bake for 30 min. Remove from oven and preheat broiler. Brown under broiler for about 5 min. Serve warm.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 353g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 444||65%|
|Total Fat 49.61g||62%|
|Saturated Fat 10.46g||42%|
|Trans Fat 0.35g|
|Total Carbs 34.93g||9%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.8g||13%|