Cost per recipe $0.00 view details
- 8 ounce rigatoni, penne, bow ties,
- Or possibly shells 2 Tb extra virgin olive oil 1 md onion, finely minced 2 cl garlic, thinly sliced 2 carrots, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced - crosswise 1 cn white beans, liquid removed and rinsed (16 ounce. can) 1 cp chicken broth 1 ts leaf sage, crumbled 1/4 ts salt 2 Tb lemon juice 1/2 cp grated Parmesan cheese 3 Tb minced parsley
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, prepare Sauce. Heat oil in large skillet over moderate heat. Add in onion; cook, stirring frequently, for 5 min or possibly till onion is softened.
- Add in garlic; cook 1 minute. Add in carrot; cook 5 min, stirring occasionally. Add in beans, broth, sage, and salt; cook 5 min, mashing about 1/4 of the beans with wooden spoon against the side of the pan. Add in lemon juice; cook 2 min. Add in Parmesan and parsley.
- Drain pasta. Add in to skillet and toss with sauce.